What is the difference between classic photography and Artistic Portraiture, and why is it so much more expensive?
Classic photography requires skill and mastering light, equipment as well as proper styling, form and posing. Artistic Portraiture then takes this as a base, and required years of practising and talent, skill and creativity to expound upon the basics and “create”. These artistic portraits can take up to 12 hours to retouch, edit and paint. This skillset is the culmination of 10+ yrs of practise, time and education to learn the techniques and develop a style. When you hire Nikki to create an artistic version of yourself, your child, your family, you are investing in this talent, and therefore it is much more valuable in the form of a timeless art piece to enjoy and pass down from generation, to generation.
If you are looking to commission Nikki for her signature Artistic work, you are getting large wall portraits for your home that will be adored for generations.
An artistic art session includes:
- Consultation to discuss era, theme, edits and retouching options
- Color and design considerations to make sure your final art piece(s) match the decor in your home
- Use of all Nikki’s wardrobe and accessories for women and children*
- Can include both indoor and outdoor images*
- Full digital artistic interpretations of selected images for purchase
Packages including consultation, session and one artistically edited wall portrait start at $1299
Please inquire for further details.
** Cannot accommodate all sizes
** Can include both indoor and outdoor shooting as long as you purchase at least one wall portrait from each.